Monday 27 June 2011

Summer Reading List and an Apology









For starters I want to apologize to the few of you who do read my blog.  Life has been crazy and I have been in a bit of a funk lately so blogging took a bit of a back burner. 

To make it up to you I want to give some reading inspiration.  These are some of the books I have either already read or plan to read this summer.  The list is long and diverse.  With no television reading has become my primary source of entertainment and I am not complaining one bit.  Here are some of my recent favourites and upcoming reads.
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett (one of my top 5 favourite books of all time!!!)
  • Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay (so sad)
  • The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson (so interesting!)
  • Every Last One by Anna Quindlan (just finished, started slow but finished strong)
  • The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (currently reading)
  • The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha (funny, quick read)
  • State of Wonder by Ann Patchett (next on the list for my book club)
  • No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy (I read The Road and can't wait to read this)
  • The Success Principles by Jack Caufield (recommended by a friend)
 So, do any of these sound interesting?  What will you be reading on the beach this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment