Sunday 16 October 2011

Day of the Undead

How is your weekend going so far?  So far mine has been ok. 

Something pretty cool happened to me last week.  A stranger recognized me from my blog.  I could not believe it.  I was waiting some my team mates to get into the gymnasium where we would be playing floor hockey.  I was just subbing on this team for a friend so I did not really know everybody.  As we were making the introductions I got to chatting with one of our players.  After a couple of minutes he asked me if I wrote a blog.  I said I did and he said that he was actually readiing my blog recently.  So random and so exciting!  This brief interaction inspired me to start writing again.  Knowing that there is someone out there who is no my mom or my best friend that is reading my blog is kind of exciting.  Very Cool! 

I had a little too much fun with some friends on Friday night so yesterday was a bit of a write off.  I think this is just a sympton of my recent unexpected feelings about the anniversary of my break up this week.  The last time I did this to myself was the weekend my ex moved out.  Notice a pattern?  Clearly not my best judgement.  A friend gave me some great advice recently.  She said, the first year after a break up is the hardest because all of your memories surrounding birthdays and special days probably include your old partner.  But, after the first year is over, you have made new memories that do not include him.  These new memories are what you can look back on going forward, and maybe not feel quite so alone or sad on what are supposed to be special days.  

I have a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks for the first time in my life I am not looking foward to it.  I am thinking about things that never used to cross my mind.  I think about how old I am, and just getting older.  I think about the fact that my life is not what I expected it to be at this age.  I worry that I am getting too old, and that time is running out for me to meet someone and have a family.  I know all of my friends and family try their best to convince me that I am not THAT old, and that I don't need to worry.  They are all certain I will meet someone and find the love that I deserve.  How can they be so sure?

Despite my hangover and personal funk that I have been in I did manage to make it over to my brother's for some awesome home made lasagna and Ceaser Salad.  It was amazing, as usual.  My brother is a very talented cook.  We also watched the movie Win Win last night.  It is a lovely and inspiring movie about a man (Paul Giamatti) who is a little down on his luck who establishes a relationship with the grandson of a man he is helping out. Spending the afternoon with my brother and sister-in-law (and my parents who also stopped in for a quick visit) was exactly what I needed yesterday.  My brother and I did not always get along growing up.  But, as an adult he has become my strongest supporter and my loudest cheerleader.  He would do anything for me, I know he would.  And I love him for it. 

My game plan for today includes a shopping trip with my mom...woo hoo!  And also pizza and zombies with my friend Drew.  As it turns out he is also a fan of the AMC seris The Walking Dead.  As I do not have a television I was worried Imight not be able to watch the season premier on tonight.  But, thankfully Drew came through with an invititation for pizza and a mini zombie marathon tonight.  Sweet!  I can't wait.

Have a great lasy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment