Thursday 30 September 2010

A Green Monster Ate My Eggs

I am feeling a lot better today.  Thanks for asking.  I spent most of the day sitting lying on the couch watching really bad tv and a little good tv.  Has anyone out there watched the new Hawaii Five-0?  I was able to watch the fist two episodes on Rogers OnDemand.  I love myself a good cop show and I have to say this one is pretty good.  Funny, with lots of action. 

As I wasn't feeling great so my eats were not very inspiring.  I figured I needed a nutrition boost so I had a green monster smoothie.  It looks gross but I promise it is good.

In this bad boy:

1 cup baby spinach
1 frozen banana
splash of mango orange juice
1/2 cup Original Unsweetened Almond Breeze
6 ice cubes

Just throw it all in the blender and whiz it up.  I promise you will not taste the spinach so it is almost like a free serving of veggies.

While this smoothie was tasty,  I am used to eating a lot more than a smoothie for breakfast so even though I wasn't feeling great I was hungry in a few hours.  So, after a few more hours of tv watching and couch cuddles with the puppies I decided to see if my stomach could handle a little more substance.  I had some eggs and dry toast.  Actually it was a "thin" 100 calorie bagel, but who is keeping track.  It hit the spot and my stomach agreed.  I was on the road to recovery.


Needless to say I decided to skip my planned cardio session yesterday to give my body (and stomach) a chance to recover.  Can I just tell you that I tried out some new ab moves on Monday at the small corporate gym in my office building on my lunch hour and days later my abs are still killing me.  Another good reason to take a day off.

I am hoping to get back on track with the weight training tomorrow.  Here is the plan:

Legs (oh how I hate leg day!)

Barbell squat 4 sets, 6 reps 60lbs
Lunges 4 sets, 15 reps (each leg) 30lbs
Lying Hamstring curls 4 sets, 6 reps 60lbs
Straight Leg Dead Lifts 4 sets, 15 reps 40lbs

On a happy note,  I am looking forward to tomorrow night.  My office is having a social event and they have paid for all the staff to watch the local hockey team from primo seats in the box.  Truth be told, the office is mostly women, so we will be watching Say Yes to the Dress on the tv for most of the night.  (that is what we did last year, so why break with tradition?)  Our husbands and boyfriends would be horrified to know the truth so lets just keep this between you and me...ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment