Wednesday 29 September 2010

Nike+ and Tea for Me

I am sick today and I feel terrible.  I went to bed last night feeling a sore throat coming on, which is not surprising considering the BF has been fighting a cold all week.  I took some cold and flu medicine in hopes of stopping this beast in its tracks.  But, by the time the BF came home from work at 11:30pm I was still suffering with the sore throat and had the added bonus of an upset stomach.  I figured I would feel better in the morning so went back to sleep.  I woke up again at 5am still feeling ill so I decided to turn off my alarm and stay home for the day.  

I am currently sitting on the couch in my comfy pants and hot pink sweater with my puppies and drinking a cup of tea.  My plan is to drink lots of fluids and just relax.  I am just about finished Belong to Me so I am hoping to spend my afternoon reading and relaxing while my body heals itself. 

Oh, and I was able to get my Nike+ Sportband set-up and running perfectly this morning.  I bought one a week ago but it was defective and I couldn't get it to connect to my PC.  If you are not familiar with the Nike+ products the Sportband is a great basic running accessory.  There is a sensor that goes in your shoe (if you wear Nike+ shoes) or is clipped to your shoe (if you don't wear Nike).  The Sportband measures your distance, pace and calories.  The cool part is that you can then upload your run stats to the Nike+ website so you can review all of your runs and analyse your progress. 
 
I know there are more sophisticated pace and distance sportbands on the market but I think this particular Nike+ product is great for beginners because it is easy to use but still tracks your  key running stats.  I am an on again, off again runner and knowing that I can track my runs accurately keeps me motivated.  Plus, it's pink...and love love anything pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment