Wednesday 2 March 2011

Big Changes

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, but thanks for asking.  I haven't been around in the past few weeks.  Sorry about that.  My life has been a hectic whirlwind of change lately - some good, some bad.  If you have been reading my blog for a while then you know that I ended a pretty serious long term relationship back in October.  Unfortunately, it was until this past weekend that my ex was able to finally move out into a place of this own.  For obvious reasons this was not an ideal living situation, and I am sure it did more harm than good for our friendship. 

It was with mixed emotion that I approached this past weekend.  I was so very relieved to finally be able to move on with my life.  But, it was also sad.  He was a very significant part of my life for the past four and a half years.  So, even though it was the right decision for him to leave it actually hit me a lot harder than I expected.

And then to make matters worse I came down with a nasty flu that knocked me on my ass for 3 whole days.  This put a major delay in my house cleaning and reorganization.  I so wanted to get things moved around and make the house mine again.  It was beyond frustrating to be trapped on the couch for 3 days. 

But, I survived the flu and managed to get my house in order.  I am planning some aesthetic changes in the next few months but I thought would give you a small glimpse into my space now that it is truly mine.

New tufted ottomans in my bedroom.


My bedside table.

My front entryway.


My living room side table. 
As I start to transform the space I will be sure to keep you guys posted.  I promise not to drop off the face of the earth again anytime soon.  I hope I am back to stay.

1 comment:

  1. love the home renovations, can't wait to come and see them for real:)

    ReplyDelete