Friday 18 March 2011

My New TOMs

Yay for Toms.  Being Canadian means we have been a little bit slow picking up on new trends and sadly Toms Shoes fall int this category.  If you are not familiar with the unique concept behind this company let me explain.  It pretty simple really - for every pair of shoes you buy Toms will send a pair of shoes to a child in need.  How awesome is that?!?  Think about it, there is a child walking around with brand new shoes because you bought yourself a pair of super cute kicks.  A child that may not have had a pair of shoes.  Yay for Toms. 

I finally took the plunge and bought myself my very first pair.  I am not always keen on ordering clothing or shoes online in case they don't fit and I don't want to deal with the hassle of having to return them.  But, I took a chance and order some very cute red cord Toms and....well... am in love.  They are super cute and beyond comfortable.  I wore them to work this week and felt like I was wearing slippers.  for someone who typically wears 3 inch heels or the Toms were a welcome vacation for my feet.

(please try to ignore the very white thick ankles above...try to focus on the shoes)

I am very tempted to buy these in other colours and fabrics.  There are so many colours and fabrics to choose from.  There are even glittery ones!  I love me some shiny shoes!  I am sure I will be wearing these all the time now. 

Can you think of another organization that has a similar charitable focus?  If so give them some love and leave their link in the comments. 

1 comment:

  1. I have checked out their site and with your glowing recommendation I am highly considering purchasing a pair myself!!

    ReplyDelete