Tuesday 8 March 2011

Soul Pancake

A new friend bought me this book a couple of days ago.  Since then I have been carrying it around with me and reading passages here and there when I have some spare moments in my day.  I'm hooked!

This book is such a beautiful concept - I was truly touched that my friend thought to buy it for me.  The full title of the book is Soul Pancake: Chew on Life's Big Questions and it is written by Rainn Wilson and a few other authors.  If you don't know who Rainn Wilson is he is the actor who plays Dwight Schrute on The Office.  (note:  The Office is one of my favourite TV programs and I think Pam and Jim have the best TV romance ever!)



The book is based on the original website - www.soulpancake.com. It is a fully participative journey that explores philosophy, creativity, spirituality, love, truth, science, faith and so much more.  The book is composed of various chapters that ask some of life's big questions and challenges you to write your own answers.  The pages are filled with beautiful art and quotes relating to the various topics up for discussion to help fuel your creativity. 

The website is an interactive community where questions and challenges are posed and readers submit their thoughts, photos, ideas and personal creative projects as they explore life's big questions. 

So far I have just been reading through the book but I intend to take some time over the next few weeks and complete the exercises and challenges listed in the book.  I will be posting my results for some of the more thought provoking and interesting challenge as I explore this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment