Friday 12 November 2010

Hugs

As you may have read here it is no secret that I like hugs.  Well, as least I didn't think it was a secret, until this week.  I had the funniest conversation this week with a friend over drinks.  I am still giggling 2 days later. Our conversation went a little something like this...

Friend:  So, I read your blog today.

Me:  Oh ya?  You read the whole thing?  Cool!  I am glad someone besides my mother is reading.

Friend:  So, you like hugs?!?

Me:  Yeah, I love hugs.  A good hug is great.  Some people just give the best hugs, ya know?

Friend:  I like hugs too!

Me:  What do you mean you like hugs?  We never hug!

Friend:  I know.  I think we need to talk about the incident.

Me:  Oh my god I know exactly what you are going to say.

Friend:  That time, at the bar.  We hadn't seen each other for a few weeks.  You came in for the hug and it was all weird and awkward.

Me:  I know.  The worst.  I figured you weren't a hugger and I had invaded your personal space so, going forward there were no more hug attempts. 

Friend:  I know.  But, it wasn't that I don't like hugs.  It was just that you snuck up behind me and I had my big bulky winter coat and the chair I was sitting in was all tall and in a weird position...Then we didn't see each other for a few weeks and then the chance to discuss the incident came and went.  And now a year later I read in your blog that you like hugs. 

Me:  And you mean this whole time we could have been hugging it out and we weren't?  All because of a bulky coat and a badly timed hello hug?

Friend:  Yep.

Me:  We should hug more.

Friend:  Yep.

I guess it might not be quite so funny in writing but I promise you it was hysterical at the time.

Have an awesome weekend.  Hugs!


Hugs make me feel sooooooooo goooooood.

No comments:

Post a Comment