Tuesday 9 November 2010

My Visions, My Goals

Last week I mentioned that I was going to make myself a vision board to help me focus my energy on achieving my goals.  I have always been good at achieving success but I have never been good with setting specific goals for myself.  So, I decided a vision board would help me focus.  So, what do I want to do with my life in the next five years?

I would like to get fall in love and start a family.  My family is so important to me and my mom is my best friend.  I want to have a child so that I can show that child the love and affection that I received growing up.  And I want a husband to share this love with. 


I want to travel.  I have never really made an effort to save up for a big trip or go on an exotic vacation.  I would love to go to Bali or Belize.  I would love to spend more time in northern Ontario as well.  Muskoka and cottage country are so beautiful.


I want to have a circle of friends that love and support me.  I do not have a lot of girlfriends and I am starting to recognize how important girlfriends are.  I want to have girls nights and dinner parties.  I want to be the hostess with the mostess. 

I also hope I can keep blogging and grow my readership.  I want to reach people who feel the same way I do, who have the same struggles I do.  I really want to make someone feel like they are not the only one struggling with themselves. 


I just started getting into photography in the past couple of years and I love it.  I have a creative side but I just do not have the talent to paint or draw.  Photography on the other hand offers me the ability to be creative and expressive in my own way.  I am hoping to invest in a DSLR so I can start taking my hobby more seriously. 

Needless to say, fitness will continue to be a big part of my life.  I want to stay healthy and strong but I want to do it for my own reasons, the right reasons.  For years I was trying to be a runner because I thought someone else needed me to be one.  But,  that didn't really work out.  I need to accept me (and my body) the way it is and love it no matter what.  If I make fitness a part of my life to keep me balanced and centered I can't go wrong.


These are my goals.  Some of them might be a little lofty but the great thing is that they are mine.  As I start my life over, MY WAY, I am learning to do what I want because it's what is best for me.  No longer will I be trying to achieve other people's goals.  Never again will I define my worth by someone elses opinion of me. 

So, come by and visit me in 5 years and we'll see how I made out on my VISION. 

No comments:

Post a Comment