Monday 29 November 2010

PBG Fashion: Swacket


This weekend I had the pleasure of going out shopping with my best shopping buddy - my mom.  We were looking for a dress for my office Holiday Party this week. The shopping trip was a major success.  I found a lovely red and black Mad Men inspired sheath dress by Calvin Klein for $36!!  And my mom tracked down the perfect stacked pumps with a rosette detail to complete the look.  I will be sure to take some pictues of the outfit on the big night.

But, the other major purchase was a swacket.  That right...a swacket.  I bet you have never even hear about swackets until today.  I have to tell you I had no idea what a swacket was until this weekend.  And I have to say, I am impressed.  What is it you ask?  It is a cross between a leather jacket and a sweater.  My purchase was black leather front with knit arms and back.  There are lovely flowette details around the collar.  It was too sweet to to pass up...plus it was on sale.  Score!  I haven't taken any pictures of me in the new swacket but I found this image below on the Nygard website.  Isn't it cute?  (the picture doesn't do it justice).  Imagine it with skinny jeans and knee high leather boots.

Floral Leather & Knit Swacket
The leather makes it sexy, the knit makes it fit nice and snug without being uncomfortable.  What more could you ask for?

1 comment:

  1. No
    I stand by my initial thoughts when we spoke of this.
    no to the swacket

    ReplyDelete