Saturday 7 May 2011

I Spoke Too Soon

So, in my last post I implied that Spring had sprung in London, Ontario.  Flowers were starting to bloom, there is green on the treas and the sky was blue and clear.  Well, yesterday was a different story.  I had just gotten home from work and was eating dinner while watching an episode of Mad Men on Netflix (my latest obsession...am I the only one who has a girl crush on Christina Hendricks?) when it started to thunder and rain.  "Oh well," I thought, "just another crappy Spring weekend ahead."  Then, suddenly the raid started to get very loud, unusually loud.  I looked out the window and sure enough...HAIL!  Hail pellets the size of chick peas were falling from the sky. 


Usually hail storms only last a couple of minutes then turn back into rain.  But this hail shower would not let up until my garden looked like a winter wonderland. 



The hail fell for at least 10 minutes.  I called my mom on the other side of town and she said they only had a little bit of hail.  So, even though Spring is in the air,other nature likes to remind us that she is still the one in control of this situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment