2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
A sprinkle of rosemary and chives (you decide how much you want)
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
12 ounce bottle or can of beer (you decide what kind and be sure to save yourself a sip at the bottom of the bottle)
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, garlic and herbs. Add cheese and whisk to combine.
- Slowly add beer to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Dough should be thick.
- Knead dough a couple of times until it comes together.
- Place dough in prepared loaf pan and pour oil over top evenly.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.