Friday 7 January 2011

Winter by the Water

Happy Friday, everyone!  This week went by so quickly.  I love a 4 day work week.  The weather here in my neck of the woods has been a typical Canadian winter.  Over New Year's the weather warmed up to almost 10C and melted most of the 3 feet of snow that we had and then a few days later the temperature dropped down below freezing again and everything was back to a rock solid block of ice.  Ah...Canadian winters. 


Over the Holidays I took a drive to the small lakeside town of Port Stanley.  It is a beach town about 30 minutes south of London.  While this place is all hustle and bustle in the summer in the winter it is almost deserted. 


Despite the desolate surroundings I think it is just as beautiful in the winter as it is in the summer.  I walked along the beach to check out the huge ice waves.  It's hard to tell in the pictures but these waves of frozen water were at least 10 feet tall. 



Mother Nature is amazing.  It was awe inspiring. 

What are you up to this weekend?  My Friday night was low key.  A visit to the parents for dinner then home to chill.  Tomorrow I am meeting a friend I haven't seen in ages for chatting and shopping at Ikea.  I don't plan to buy anything but who knows what will fall into my cart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment