Wednesday 29 December 2010

Christmas Keeps on Giving

While Christmas day has come and gone already it still feels like the Holidays in the PBG household.  For the first time in years I decided not to do any official boxing week shopping.  The crowds are too much and the "sales" often last well into January.  Besides, I am trying to declutter my life so I am making only purchases that I love rather than purchases that I think I like. 

However, there were a few MAJOR purchase made online on Christmas day and boxing day.  Two very exciting purchases.  The first exciting purchase was a new Canon Rebel T2i DSLR camera.  I have been working with my Fujitsu point and shoot for a few years and it has taken some great pictures.  But, now that I am blogging and taking my photography much more seriously I really wanted a camera that would last me a long time.  I ordered it online from the Future Shop and it should be arriving today or tomorrow.  Woo hoo!

The second very exciting purchase is a Kitchen Aid stand up mixer.  The was such a great deal I couldn't pass it up.  Typically this unit sells for around $450 but with the Boxing Day discounts it only cost $199!!  It is chrome and I have already cleared a spot on my counter for this lovely beast.  I AM SO EXCITED!  The Kitchen Aid stand up mixer has been kind of a holy grail in my family for years but no one could ever justify the cost.  But, I was finally ready to take the plunge.

I can guarantee these two big purchases will result in more pictures and more baking on PBG.  I am so excited to start using both items.  They should be arriving either today or tomorrow.  I keep looking for the mail truck like a little kid waiting for Santa. 

I did make a short tip to the mall yesterday and found myself at the Gap.  I am trying to "think outside the box" with my wardrobe these days.  Buy a few things I might not normally wear.  There was 40% off everything that was already on sale so I got both pieces for just under $50.  yay!  I am planning to wear the outfit with opaque black tights and the retro black pumps I bought to wear to my holiday party.  Cute....I hope. 


Are you a boxing week shopper?  Do you find yourself doing more online shopping these days to avoid the crowds?

No comments:

Post a Comment