Shortbread cookies are a classic Holiday cookie. I tooks a basic shortbread recipe and tweaked it to make it PBG style. I swapped out brown sugar instead of white and added my favourite ingredient...chocolate.
Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies
1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
pinch of salt
dark chocolate chips or chunks
1. Cream butter and sugar together.
2. Add flour gradually to the bowl using a mixer or your hands.
3. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and drop on a place on a non-stick cookie sheet.
4. Flatten each cookie with a wet fork.
5. Press a small piece of chocolate into the middle of each cookie.
6. Bake a 325 for 20 minutes.