Tuesday 7 December 2010

Snow Day x2

One of the consequences of living in Southwestern Ontario is dealing with the snow.  Some winters (like last winter) are easy peasy.  A few minor snow storms and that's about it.  Other years we get tonnes and tonnes of snow. 

This week is a not so gentle reminder of how much snow we can get here.  Since noon on Sunday we have been buried under a meter of snow...and it just keeps falling.  They are calling for another 20 - 30 cm today and tomorrow.  They might even declare it a state of emergency.  Check out my back yard.



My office has actually been closed for the past 2 days.  The malls even closed 4 hours early yesterday.  And you know I judge the seriousness of an emergency based on whether or not the retail stores stay open.  I am even considering hitting up the mall tonight - we live close enough to walk and I bet there isn't a soul to be found shopping in weather like this. 

Unfortunatly, I am able to work from home so I don't actually get the day off.  So, even though I get to do it in my PJs I still have to do actual work.  Boo!  Oh well, It's been great to just lay on the couch with my laptop and work.  Being housebound for 2 days has made me a little antsy so I even tried my hand at a little baking last night and it was an epic success if I do say so myself.  EPIC!  I will be giving you the details in a later post. 

How is the weather in your part of the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment