Sunday 12 December 2010

Look Out Martha Stewart

I have been on a domestic rampage this weekend.  I can't seem to stay out of the kitchen.  It must be the Holidays.  This weekend I have tried several new recipes including...

Candied nuts...some sweet and some sweet with heat
Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Brown Sugar Shortbread
Cranberry Persimmon Relish with Vanilla Bean
Vanilla Sugar and Lemon Sugar

Some of these will be Holiday gifts and some of them are just for me!  I have never been very good or very interested in baking but it seems that something has awoken my inner baker these days.  My brother has always been the better chef so I would be lying if I said a little sibling rivalry might be involved as well. 

I will be sure to post the official recipes for these goodies this week, just in case you want to make some for your family. 

There is also some Holiday decor at my house.  I have to be honest, while I do love the Holidays I have never been a big fan of Christmas Trees.  This is the first time in about 8 years that I have bothered with a tree.  The turquoise and silver theme is fun and not too traditional, I think.  I have added some ribbon since I took this picture but now the light is all gone so no more pictures.   The picture below looks a little naked but in person the tree really looks lovely. 


Do you celebrate Christmas?  Do you have a different tradition in your culture that you are practicing this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment