Wednesday 22 December 2010

Goal #2 Getting back into the Groove

A while ago I decided I needed to take a more active role in setting goals for myself.  The first step in the process was creating a vision board which I wrote about here.  As I mentioned, I am not very good at setting goals for myself.  That is not to say that I have not had success in my life or that I haven't achieved great things but the reality is that I never actually set out to achieve these successes, they just kind of happened.  While this worked for me while I was younger I am realizing that it is becoming more important for me to set some specific goals. 

The vision board has been helpful, I think.  I have it in my bedroom and I look at it every night before I go to sleep.  It's like a visual representation of my 5 year plan.  It has taken me a few months to recover from my break-up with the long term boyfriend.  These past few months have seen me working hard on my blog and on my job but I haven't been working on my health or my fitness.  I wasn't sleeping and therefore I was tired and maybe even a little depressed - so getting up at 6am to go to the gym just was not going to happen. 

But, with the holiday season upon us and a new year just around the corner I realize that I need to get back into some sort of fitness routine.  Thankfully (and despite my best efforts) I have managed my weight.  I think the combination of removing meat from my diet and just not being as hungry since I wasn't working out 5 days a week let my body adjust to the change without too much effort. 

So, one of my goals for the next few weeks is to start re-integrating fitness back into my life.  I will be starting  indoor Ultimate Frisbee season the first week of January - my lungs are going to thank me for that.  I think I will also try to go to some hot yoga classes while I am on vacation over the holidays.  I do NOT want to be one of those New Year's Resolution gym people - I hate those people.  So, I don't think I will be hitting the gym like a fiend or anything.  But, I will ease back into my fitness routine.



I really believe that activity and fitness is an important part of the life I want to have.  I am looking forward to getting back into the groove.  Look out, here I come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment