Sunday 10 October 2010

Just a Taste...

The BF is visiting his family this weekend so I have the house to myself.  Just to be clear, this is a good thing.  Our dogs do not do well in large social gatherings (they have way too much love to give) so I decided to stay here with them so he could visit his family without us having to worry about the dogs bothering friends and family the whole time. 



 

We are having the most beautiful fall weekend.  The trees are starting to turn and the weather was wam enough to go out without a jacket.  I plan to spend the day outside tomorrow, soaking up some sun. 

This weekend has been a weekend of thanks and giving.  Who doesn't love a holiday where the focus is food.  Sure, there is football and fallen leaves and family.  But, lets be honest, at least for my family, food is king.  Most of us like to cook, some of us are good at it and ALL of us like to be involved.  This year, for the first time, my brother and I took the lead on the dinner.  The menu this year:

Turkey (of course!)
Garlic Mashed Poratos (of course!)
Carrots and Turnip mash
Peas
Dinner Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Brownies and Ice Cream

It was all so good.  And spending time with the family is always a good time.

Here is a taste of what we enjoyed...







Stay tuned for some recipies and details from this weekends feast.

How is your weekend going so far?  A holiday weekend means I have one more day before I have to go back to work.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment