How audacious...to love your body not in spite of it's imperfections but because of them. Brilliant! Like most women, I struggle with my image of myself all the time. But, in this moment, for this one day I vowed to love my body. Totally. Completely.
So, I sat down and made a list. A list that I think all women should write and post on their fridge. A list of all the things I love about my body. Here is my list (in no particular order):
- I am tall. 5'9 and I love very inch of it. I love to wear 4" heels - even if that means I have to look at the tops of everyone's head.
- My booty. I've got some junk in the trunk and I am ok with that.
- My legs. Because they took me on a 10km run when I thought I could never be a runner.
- My brain. I am one smart cookie (did someone say cookie? I could go for a snack right about now.)
- My heart. It keeps me alive and it keeps me going no matter how many times it has been broken.
- My smile. It is often goofy and always genuine. (proof of goofy smile is below)
- My arms. I give a mean hug. If you ever need a hug let me know. These arms were made for hugging.